Tuesday 2 August 2011

Lucky Thai Buddhist Amulets - the power to stop bullets !

We’ve written about the Thai amulet business before on the Buddha’s Face blog and it is an area where age old traditions and superstitions combine with millennial old Buddhism to create a typically Thai amalgam. In fact Thai soldiers who went to fight in the Iraq War had special amulets created that were thought to have powers to ward off bullets - I wonder if Superman woar one ?

My Thai father–in–law – sadly departed was a great believer in their power as he got older added more and more to his collection which he wore around his neck which was an unusual sight to the unitiated

In the following You tube video is a great news report with English sub titles about this unusual and fascinating area of Thai-Buddhist culture.

3 comments:

  1. I am regular to check every post of this blog as well as its other supportive and knowledgeable informative blog post. I appreciate efforts of owner to deliver such valuable information to people.
    โปร เสริม ทรู

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this blog, I would like to demand more articles again and again. I am feeling myself as satisfy by got to know these all such information which never came to my knowledge. Please writer more.

    โปรแกรมขาย

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    ระบบ server

    ReplyDelete