Sunday 25 July 2010

Why do I do this Blog ? Why do anything ?


On life's journey Faith is nourishment, Virtuous deeds are a shelter, Wisdom is the light by day and Right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life nothing can destroy him; If he has conquered greed nothing can limit his freedom. Buddha

So began a web based journey to examine and seek to understand the man behind the image and what is Buddhism the name adherents give to the practice of following the Buddha. All journeys start simply one foot in from of the other and a vague sense of direction and thus was the beginning of my journey on this blog. In the 90 or so posts I have made since the beginning nearly a year ago I have examined numerous aspects of this wonderful faith from the largest Buddha statues in the world to where is the world's largest Buddhist temple , the monkey temple of Thailand , how Buddha statues are made, the link between Einstein and Buddhism,my videos featuring the music if trance Djs Blank and Jones and more deeply what are the central tenets and lessons we can learn to help instruct our lives and the path we tread. For Buddhist of deep and meditative faith who see this as transient musings of the shallow Buddha lite life style adherents I apologise if you are offended in any way in how I have treated this subject and the figure of the Lord Buddha - but what I hope matters is what is in my heart and I know this to be true.

So does it matter why this began or what the motives were or are - what really matters is the lessons learnt and the changes to my life I have made as a result.

Watch this space - with love and compassion

Ian





This is part of the Buddha's Face 101 Project

No comments:

Post a Comment