Saturday 20 November 2010

Famous Buddhists - Annie Lennox - Eurythmics

When I was researching my original Top 10 Famous Buddhists - they were mainly Hollywood stars and of course ending with the most famous of them all the Dalai Lama. Whilst browsing Spotify this morning looking for remixes I came across the Eurythmics Remix of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) and I dimly remembered seeing something at one time about her being a Buddhist. So off the web I go to confirm this hunch and she is indeed a Buddhist.

Annie Lennox was born on Christmas Day 1954 in Aberdeen,Scotland. From 1980 to 1990 her and the guitarist and former lover Dave Stewart had a string of memorable hits and were a key part of the sonic landscape of that decade. She has written the foreword to Coffee with the Buddha.

"The future hasn't happened yet and the past is gone. So I think the only moment we have is right here and no, and I try to make the best of those moments, the moments that I'm in." Annie Lennox


No comments:

Post a Comment