Sunday, 12 June 2011

Dinner with Andre - Network and Bill Hicks - Watch this if you want to be Human !



There is a very good video mash up from my alter ego ibilly99 over on his you tube channel. I made it very simply by stringing several clips together and added the Erik Satie piano Gymnopedie track which is the closing music of the movie over the end of my clips.

I uploaded it just over 2 1/2 years ago and in that time its had over 26,000 hits and is the most highly rated of all my videos. I first saw the movie Dinner with Andre over 30 years ago on a small black and white tv and simply couldn't believe what I was seeing. It's simply a movie which takes the form of two old friends meeting up after many years apart and put their differing views and approaches to life. It amazed me then and it still amazes me today.

Andre: OK. Yes, we are bored. We're all bored now. But has it ever occurred to you Wally that the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, and that all of this is much more dangerous than one thinks? and it's not just a question of individual survival Wally, but that somebody who's bored is asleep, and somebody who's asleep will not say no?



No comments:

Post a Comment